Flipping through the pages of Heart-healthy ‘Sweets & Desserts’ mini cookbook, I got lost for the time and thought of trying out all, but taking the time and occasion into consideration, I thought of going with this Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse, as you all know my love for chocolate…..as this recipe is eggless, I thought it to be perfect for the Iftaar party….because after having heavy and spicy main course, there will be little room for the dessert….but when something chocolaty, chilled and creamy is served….no one will say no to it….
This recipe is a winner, everyone at the party loved it and I saw kids licking off their spoons….Really who can resist a combination so deadly…..Orange and Dark Chocolate when paired up, will create magic…a therapy which will soothe your taste buds and pamper your senses….Jehanne says “Chocolate and orange provide antioxidants and minerals essential for a healthy heart. This mousse is great as an after dinner dessert and is perfect for entertaining”.
Heart-Healthy Sweet & Desserts mini cookbook has got 35 delectable recipes which are easy to follow with handy ingredients…..the book has got flapjacks to popsicles to sorbets to jellos to friands to smoothies to tarts to puddings to granitas….all in all a must have to book in your collection….
- 220 gms. Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- ½ cup fresh Orange juice
- ½ tbsp. Orange zest
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 3-4 Orange slices, peeled, garnish
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or by double boiler method.
- To the whipped cream add melted chocolate, orange juice, zest and vanilla essence.
- Combine well and transfer into serving bowls.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until the mousse is set.
- Serve chilled with peeled orange slices.
- Add ‘love’ to make this mousse taste ‘Yummy’.
FOR VEGAN OPTION:
- You can use non-dairy whipped cream, try ‘Tropolite’ brand which is easily available in many supermarkets along with vegan dark chocolate.
- I used Morde Dark Compound in making this mousse. You can try any dark chocolate with has got more than 56% cocoa in it.
- Check out the post, Rich Chocolate Fudge with Mixed Nuts for different options on melting chocolate.
- For whipped cream I used BlueBird Instant whipped cream powder. You can know more about BlueBird Instant Whipped Cream in my Fruit & Cream Trifle post.
- In the original recipe, Jehanne used orange extract and I replaced it with vanilla essence, as I can’t find orange extract at my place.