FRUIT & CREAM TRIFLE:
- 6 Digestive Biscuits
- 3 tbsp. melted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Honey
FOR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups Whipping cream, check notes
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
FOR FRUITS LAYER:
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup sliced Pear
- ½ cup Banana pieces
- 2-3 tbsp. semi-sweet Chocolate chips
- Oreo biscuits/coloured wafers
- Crush the biscuits and pulse for 2-3 seconds in a jar. Add melted butter and honey, pulse again for 2-3 seconds. Remove and divide the mixture into individual desired serving bowls.
- Using pestle or back of a spoon or bottom of the glass press the mixture to pack tightly and layer evenly.
- Leave the serving bowls in the fridge for ½ hours or until set.
FOR CREAM LAYER:
- Add vanilla essence to the whipping cream and whip for 2-3 seconds.
- Just before serving take out the refrigerated serving bowls lined with biscuit mixture, top with whipping cream then with mixed fruits and again whipping cream. Repeat if using big glass.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and top with Oreo biscuit or coloured wafers.
- Add love to make this trifle taste more ‘Yummy’.
- I used Instant Whipped Cream powder in making this trifle. I used 50 gms. pack of BlueBird Brand of whipped cream which is easily available in many supermarkets or you can order online @ BlueBird India.com
- Check label on the packet to know how to whip it up or you can even check BlueBird India site to know more on the product.
- You can even use your choice of fruits. Use seasonal fruits like mango, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, apple, etc…. If you can’t find whipping cream or powder whipped cream then you can alter the layers with plain vanilla custard…Just remember to keep the consistency thick. Chill before use.
- You can even use plain vanilla sponge cake as a base instead of biscuit base.
- You can even use give little citrusy taste to the whipped cream by adding 1 tbsp. of fresh lime juice or 1 tbsp. of Orange juice.
- You can even use corn flakes or muesli in between the layers or as garnish.