Yesterday I have been to farmers market (Rythu Bazar) here at mom’s place and found baby corns. There is something about baby corns that attracts me. According to me you can create some amazing dishes with baby corn with ease. The simple thing to remember while cooking baby corn is to retain the crunch. The crunchier the baby corn the tastier the dish.
Holding a packet of fresh baby corn I thought of making Manchurian with it…but suddenly I dropped my plan and thought of making a simple stir fry out of it. I am not a huge fan of stir fries but now and then when I struck with ideas to plan a menu…I go with simple stir fries. Today all I need is to make a dal, jeera rice and stir fry with baby corn and capsicum to wind up my meal. Even my Lil’M likes baby corn so…I thought it will be a good choice to quick fix a simple menu with it.
Once I have grilled the baby corn and capsicum to make this stir fry…but today I made it simple by microwaving the baby corn….and tossing it in garlic-soya sauce mixture. Baby corn was so crunchy and yummy that half of the fry went off as starter while I was still serving the food in plates….Check out the simple recipe with minimal and handy ingredients below….
- 12 Baby corns, cut into 1’pieces
- 1 Capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped Garlic
- ½ tbsp. Chopped Ginger
- 2 tbsp. Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Corn flour + 3 tbsp.Water
- 1 tbsp. Pepper powder
- Mix corn flour and water and make a thin paste.
- Microwave baby corn pieces for 3 minutes on high. In the meantime, heat oil in a heavy bottom cooking vessel and add chopped garlic and ginger. Fry for 1 minute and add sliced onions.
- Fry onions till translucent. Now add microwaved baby corn and stir fry until nice brown. Now add capsicum, salt and pepper powder. Fry till capsicum turn light crisp.
- Toss by adding vinegar and soya sauce on high flame. Now sprinkle corn flour and water paste and toss again.
- Turn off the flame and leave for 2 minutes. Serve hot as appetizer or as accomplishment with jeera rice.
- Add ‘love’ to make this fry taste ‘Yummy’.
- You can grill baby corn and capsicum before going to stir frying them.
- You can even use red and yellow bell peppers to enhance to flavour of the recipe.
- I have already mentioned that you can serve it as appetizer or starter and you can serve as side dish with any
- You can also use it as stuffing and make a wrap by adding it to roti or paratha with drizzle of chat masala and
- You can even add this stir fry to bread slices and make sandwich of it.
A close up shot to show you how crunchy the stir fry was….If you are looking out for some quick fix recipe ideas then hop on to recipe index of kitchen flavours at Kitchen Flavours Menu.