Having extremely crazy days at my end…..big changes, instant decisions, moves, etc. are taking me on a roller coaster ride….sometimes when you are not able to concentrate or not able to take any decision it is better to trust your life partner and go as he/she says…..trust me things will be fine in the end….This time, as more things are coming at the same time…I could not concentrate on one….so I trusted and left most of the things on my life partner, praying hard and strongly believing whatever happens, happens for good…..more on this later…..
Yesterday, I had been to bank to get my account online…you won’t believe I ended up spending nearly 5 hours in bank…..I really wonder how things work in banks when they are fully computerized ..sometimes when I get caught up in a situation like this…I wonder with the fastest machines in the world…it is taking hell of time….imagine if there are no machines to work for….then it would be like small picnic to go to bank……
My Lil’M got exhausted in the end and said….mamma… our token number will never come….this bank is bad and lets go home….back home I chopped strawberries, sprinkled sugar and left in refrigerator….thinking I will make milkshake upon coming back…..As I had no idea that I will end up in bank for so long….I was wondering…what to prepare for snack potluck party at my friends place in the evening….? But I ended up in bank for so long that when I came back I was totally drained of energy…..sunny afternoon and midafternoon hot wind blowing through my face made me feel so sick…..that I felt like coming back home and sleep endlessly….But I have to make a dessert as promised earlier to my friend…..
Upon coming back, when I checked fridge to take out strawberries and gulp some before throwing them into blender to make shake…I saw there was no power….I am completely irritated now….mind stuck and nothing was going as planned….but keeping the bad spirits away…I thought of making ‘Trifle’…praying hard for power to resume…..
Just in time, the power was back and I left my custard to come down to room temperature….then I transferred it to fridge and had a power nap…..By evening, weather was bit pleasant or may be because I was going to my friends place to meet bunch of friends whom I am meeting after so long….I am totally refreshed and charged….packed my custard in one box and strawberries in other along with other necessary items….and left on my way to friends place….
I was correct on time and rest of them all came in almost at the same time and everyone bought savory snacks and it was only me who had bought something sweet to indulge….after having piping hot pakoda’s, bajji’s, chats etc….it was time to devour on the dessert bought by me…..Everyone gulped the first serving within no time….so was the second and third…..at the end…..I can say it was just another beautiful day of my life…..lots of praises on my simple making and gorgeous looking ‘Trifle’…..
Here is the recipe for you….sometimes simple things give more pleasure in life and this dessert is quite an example to it….I love layered desserts and sometimes, I even layer a simple fruit custard this way…..Now no waiting for the recipe…just scroll down to check it out…..
- 15 Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 cups Vanilla/Strawberry Custard, prepare as per instructions
- 2 slices of Fruit cake (I used Britannia Fruit Cake)
- 1 tbsp. Strawberry Jam
- In a bowl, add strawberries and sprinkle sugar. Cover with cling and leave it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare thick custard and leave to cool. Once the custard has come down to room temperature, leave it in refrigerator to chill.
- Cut the fruit cake pieces into four and sandwich them with jam. Set aside.
- Take desired serving bowls/glasses, add sandwiched fruit cake pieces and add 2-3 tbsp. of juices released from strawberry and sugar mixture (check first point).
- Now add sugar soaked strawberries and chilled thick custard. Repeat the layers if using a big bowl or glass.
- Decorate with halved strawberries and serve immediately.
- Add love to make this trifle ‘Yummy’.
- Chilled and thick custard is recommended to make this trifle.
- You can use your choice of fruits in making this trifle.
- You can even top the trifle with whipped cream.