Whole Leaf Teas
The whole leaf grade teas are
made out of very tender unopened bud along with the first 2 leaves. Due to
the absence of mechanized processing steps the leaf structure is very much
intact in the
Teabags are made from very matured leaves which inevitably consists of stems and the leaves themselves are crushed and chopped into a fine granule kind of structure (this process is called CTC Cutting-Tearing and Curing)
Whole Leaf teas renders
itself for use in multiple infusions (the same leaf could be used to extract
the decoction multiple times)
Tea bags are commonly used
Per cup cost of whole leaf
teas are more or less same as the cost of a tea bag.
Tea bags use mostly the
grade called fannings which are flakes like structures.
However due to the
preservation of the natural leaf in its original form in whole leaf handmade
teas the healthy constituents are very intact and fully available in the
“Teaneer” is a whole some and fully handmade range of teas from Vijayalakshmi Natural Farms. This is an enterprising attempt of an entirely agriculture oriented family hitherto dependent entirely on selling our produce to huge factories. Vijayalakshmi Natural Farms is a family owned business where we are the people who cultivate process and package the “teaneer” brand of teas. In our farms we practice the bio-dynamic method of cultivation and our soil has been organically fortified for the past 5 years. The biodynamic calendar provides optimal days for all activities we typically undertake during our “teaneer” processing like plucking, pruning etc. Teaneer plants are sustained by Bio dynamic inputs for the past 5 years. Plants grow on a progressively enriching soil with naturally occurring Organic Carbon. The plants are self sustained and have attained a natural immunity against pesticides induced diseases.
“Teaneer” Shining Arrows: Teas processed completely out of unopened buds handpicked and shade dried for packaging.
Teaneer is a fledgling enterprise in initial stage of setting up retailing avenues and with a vision to reach directly to consumers. Products could be ordered and will directly be dispatched from farm through local or international couriers. At Teaneer they are exploring all avenues of expanding the reach of their products.
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Mint
- Honey to taste
- 1 tbsp. Teaneer Aristocrat, Handmade Green Tea Leaves
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh Lime juice
- Add mint leaves to half of water and boil till mint flavour is infused in water, nearly 2-3 minutes. achieved. Remove and stain. Add lemon juice and honey. Mix well.
- In another pan boil water and add tea leaves. Turn off the flame and let the tea leaves release the aroma and flavour the water. Stain and set aside.
- Upon cooling, mix up one cup of mint, honey and lemon flavoured water with green tea flavoured water. Add ice cubes and serve chilled.
- 1 tbsp. Green Tea leaves
- 1 2”inch piece, Ginger, chopped
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2-3 fresh Mint Leaves
- 3 cups Water
- Boil water and add tea leaves and turn off the flame. Let it steep until it comes to room temperature. Stain and transfer the content to fridge.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy bottom vessel add water, sugar and chopped ginger. Let it boil. Stir to dissolve sugar. Stain and leave it cool.
Once cool enough transfer the content to fridge.
- When ready to serve, fill in the glasses with ice cubes and pour a cup of above contents. Check for sugar, if needed add more. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
I made this early this morning and had this before having breakfast….I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated….
- 1 tbsp. Teener Flow Handmade Green Tea Leaves
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tbsp. Sugar/Honey
- Boil water and add tea leaves. Turn off the flame and wait till the leaves settle at the bottom. Stain and mix in sugar or honey and enjoy a warm refreshing cuppa of healthy handmade green tea…..