GREEN MUNG BEAN & POTATO PATTY BURGER:
- 1/2 cup Green mung/moong beans, washed and soaked overnight
- 1 big Potato, boiled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ½ tbsp. Cumin/ Jeera
- ½ tbsp. Corn flour
- Pressure cook mung beans until soft and drain the excess water through strainer. Set aside.
- Now in a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and when heats up add jeera, when it splutters add mung beans and potato cubes.
- Using the back of wooden spatula, slowly mash up the potato and mung beans. Now add red chili powder and salt.
- Gently stir for another 2-3 minutes still all the moisture in the mung beans and potatoes disappear.
- Transfer the contents on to a plate/bowl and sprinkle corn flour all over. Let the mixture cool till you can hold in your hand.
- Grease your palms with a drop of oil and shape out the patties. Leave the patty to rest for another 2 minutes on kitchen counter.
- Then in a thick bottom or non stick pan add oil and shallow fry the patties, flipping on either sides.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
- Remove the patty on to a plate and begin the process of assembling.
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO COMPLETE BURGER:
For assembling a burger, you need the following:
- Burger Buns
- Cheese slice, optional
- Green chili sauce
- Onion rings
- Slice the burger bun and toast it with a drop of oil or butter. Spread green chili sauce evenly on the toasted bun.
- Top it with lettuce, cheese slice, burger patty, onion rings and mayonnaise. Top with the other toasted side of the bun and insert a toothpick.
- That’s it a yum and fab burger is ready to relish….
MAKE IT VEGAN:
DISCLAIMER: This is not a paid review. The opinions and thoughts mentioned in the post are purely mine and done by tasting the sample sent by Madison India.