I am huge of easy to make dessert and desserts which can be made in advance. When I invite guests at home, I plan to do half of the things a day before so that I get enough time to spend with them when they arrive….and more over inviting guests for lunch or dinner when you have a toddler in the house is simply double the work at times. Grinding masala’s, chopping out vegetables, marinating meat, etc. can be done a day ahead or by overnight….and what if when you can make an dessert in advance…..for me it’s bliss. One fourth of the work is reduced when the dessert can be made in advance.
In the due process of searching for new desserts which can be made in advance with no fuss or mess….I came up with this Nutella Pudding. A jar of nutella carries a magical spell in it….add it in any dessert and turn it into most wonderful dessert. There are some simple ways of relishing nutella, apart from licking it over….One of the simple way is making out pudding with it. Easy ingredients, no fuss, no mess, can be made ahead, it’s eggless, it’s creamy and its yum. I swear it’s one of the dessert which make me heart melt.
- 6 tbsp. Nutella
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2-3 drops Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 5 gms. Agar-Agar (China Grass)
- 1-2 tbsp. colored Vermicelli/Coconut Flakes
- Prepare agar-agar mixture as per the directions mentioned on the packet and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom vessel bring milk to boil. Then lower the flame and whisk in nutella, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Now add prepared agar-agar mixture to the above mixture and whisk for 2 minutes. You can see the mixture getting thick. Turn off the flame.
- Leave the mixture to attain room temperature and then transfer into serving bowl.
- Cover the top with plastic foil and leave it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with colored vermicelli or coconut flakes and serve chilled.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
Agar-Agar is used to get creamy and jelly like wobbly texture. In case you don’t have agar-agar or don’t want to use it then you can make thick paste by combining 2 tbsp. of Corn flour with 2 tbsp. of milk. Whisk in when sugar and nutella are completely dissolved in the milk. Whisk till mixture thickness and turn off the flame.
- You can even add 2 tbsp. of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips for rich taste.
- You can even add 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder for bright color of the pudding.
- You can even dust the pudding with cocoa powder.
Linking this pudding to Milk Sweet Recipes event at My Culinary Creations and also to Fest Celebration ‘ Diwali’ at Preeti’s Kitchen, event by Surabhi.
This pudding is going to participate in ‘Agar Agar Recipe contest sponsored by Marine Chemicals , Kochi. www.indiaagar.com hosted at Food Corner’.
Stay connected…..as the next post is also loaded with yum ‘Just Bake‘ goodies.