It’s been long since I sat in leisure before my PC to make a new blog post. Reasons are many…but the main reason is time. Time ticks and passes away if you are happy or sad….if you are in pain or pleasure…if you are alone or in the company of loved ones…..Time flies away….but this great master time, teaches so many things in as it pass by…it is up to us…..how we feel and react to the time change. The best and happy feeling in such a situation is just to think, whatever happens, happens for good. This small feeling in the heart can help you keep going in life. Now you may be wondering, what happened to me…..the one who writes about recipe is writing philosophy…..? No nothing as such…I just wanted to share what I am going through these days….Keeping philosophy of life apart…lets dig in to see an Instant Brownie recipe.
Have you ever thought?…Microwave these days is not only used for re heating the food or popping out popcorn or melting in butter/chocolate…..but it is rather used in making out many more recipes. Microwave recipes are easy, simple and instant…which can be made in jiffy. Of many recipes, I try in microwave, Brownies are my favourite. Tell me who can resist warm, fudgy and sweet brown beauties….I just can’t resist and my friends too…Whenever I have friends at home, it will be there personal request to make these brownies…I too love making these as they are simple and instant.
Warm slice of brownie paired with cool vanilla ice cream topped with warm chocolate sauce….isn’t it mouth watering…? One of my all time favourite combo….I don’t even remember how many times, I made these batches of brownies, while watching IPL….as they are instant…you will not miss the fun on TV too while baking these.
When you have friends to accompany an rainy evening…serve these warm chocolaty brownies with an hot mug of Instant Coffee to complete the rain evening.…You can even serve to the hungry kids, who are back home after an hectic day at school….good fit for teen parties and kitty parties too….when you have unexpected friends dropping by….serve these brownies to make them happy…..I even make these brownies when my hubby has late night office calls and when I need to satisfy my midnight carvings....
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour/Maida
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- ½ cup semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- 5 tbsp. Milk
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- ¼ tbsp. Salt
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
- Grease 9” inch microwave safe bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix chocolate chips and butter and microwave on high for 1-2 minute. Stirring for every 30 seconds until chocolate chips melt. Whisk until shiny and set aside.
- Beat eggs with vanilla essence then add milk and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sift flour, icing sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 2-3 times. This helps in mixing up the ingredients properly.
- Now add egg and vanilla mixture to the butter and chocolate mixture and whisk well. Make sure butter and chocolate mixture is not too hot, it may scramble the egg mixture.
- Add the above mixture to the sifted flour mixture and mix well. Fold in chopped walnuts. Mix until everything gets completely incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased bowl and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Remove from microwave and leave it to rest for 3-4 minutes before cutting. Dust with icing sugar. (Optional).
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
- I used Borosil Rectangular Dish of 240 x 145 x 35 mm.
- Baking time may vary depending on the microwave brand.
- I always use icing sugar in making brownies as I feel it is easy to whisk up. You can even use normal granulated sugar or you can even powder the sugar and use it.
It is good and recommendable to consume microwave brownies on the same day of making them. It is good to bake these brownies fresh and eat them when they are still warm.
You may be wondering what the cherries are doing in the pics....I used cherries in the pics to add glam....a bottle of milk in the backgrounds adds glam to the brownie pics...but I felt using bright red cherries add more life to the brown beauties....hope you love these pics as much as recipe....