UPDATE: This event is now closed and thank you for all the people who participated and made this event an grand success. You can find the entries with photos at my facebook page, Joy From Fasting To Feasting - V album.
Salam and welcome to yet another new season of Joy From Fasting To Feasting. We are celebrating fifth season of this event this year. Joy From Fasting To Feasting is an global Ramadan event, connecting all the foodies round the globe to come and share their experiences, memories, food, recipes, traditions and cultures observed during the Holy month of Ramadan. As there are twelve months in English calendar, Urdu calendar also has also got twelve months and of which Ramadan which is the ninth month of the year is considered as pious and holy. During Ramadan, Muslims round the globe, observe a month full of fast….where not even a sip of water is taken in between sunrise to sunset. As the first verses of Holy Quran were revealed during this Holy month of Ramadan, Quran is recited more during this period.
Being kid, Ramadan is fun filled festival, where we get a chance to eat yum goodies, get nice dresses and jewelry and more important showers of blessings from elder ones apart from gifts. As we grow by, and get acknowledge with the importance of festival and Holy month of Ramadan, the fun doubled. Now it is more than shopping and feasting. Now we know why we fast? Why we do Namaz? Why we pray? Why we recite Quran? Etc. One simple answer to all this is to practice self-discipline, self-control, sacrifice, and empathy for those who are less fortunate….thus giving Zakat and Sadaqa to the needed and poor.
Now coming to the event, Joy From Fasting To Feasting – V….Many of you are much familiar with the event and event details. But for the new members joining in, here are some of the rules:
- Post anything related to Ramadan on your blog and link it back to the event.
- Anything means any story/recipe/food/tradition/photo/culture/etc.
- Use of logo is appreciated. It helps in spreading the word.
- Use linky tool at the bottom of the post to link your entries.
- Event starts from 20th July and ends at 30th August.
- In case you are not a blogger and wish to send in something then do mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bloggers and non-bloggers, Muslims and non-Muslim buddies are welcome to submit their post related to Ramadan.
- Joy From Fasting To Feasting – I
- Joy From Fasting To Feasting - II
- Joy From Fasting To Feasting - III
- Joy From Fasting To Feasting - IV