Rain, coffee, cozy corner and window scene is my perfect rain day setting. I love to get myself lost by just seeing the drizzle of rain, drenching everything around….with a piping hot cup of coffee….it is not always a book that accompany me at this situation….but sometimes, I just leave my mind free to wander and get soak up with warm memories to keep going in life. It is most amazing feeling to stay warm at home and watch the world go by….
Birds opening their feathers to shed that soaked rain drops, people with umbrellas and some with just cloth on their heads, taking fast steps to reach a safe place before rain pours in….even children in their rain coats heading towards their homes….a loving couple on bike….soaking up the rain drops….drenching and enjoying the rhythm of rain…..from far away in 94.3 FM the VJ is playing iktara..iktara….rain drops falling of every leaf and every flower…as if they are waiting for the rain to get themselves soaked….tiny pools formed on roads, splashing whenever a vehicle pass through…..and my little one tugging me as it gets dark by the cloudy skies….an evening scenic rain picture which will last in my mind forever….creating an warm memory for the days to go by…..
Now coming to the recipe, as you know my love for chocolates and this is one of the innovations which I did recently on a rainy day to pamper my senses….. I rarely have coffee in the evenings….but to enjoy the beauty created by rain, I make coffee most of the rainy evenings….When I was in kitchen making coffee, I had a sudden urge to eat chocolate, I just went to fridge to grab my Cadbury….but I took out dark chocolate bar and grated it and added to the milk….an heavenly…heavenly…heavenly delectable chocolate flavoured coffee is born…….Now you can understand…..how yum coffee turned out….it’s an pure chocolate lovers indulgence….if you are chocoholic then this is a true tribute to pamper your senses….try it…and I bet you will fell in love with it….
- 2 tbsp. grated Dark Chocolate/Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2tbsp. Instant Coffee Powder, I used Nescafe
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 150 ml. Milk, I used skinned
- Boil milk and by lowering the flame add grated chocolate. Whisk till chocolate combines with milk.
- In a coffee mug, add instant coffee powder and sugar. Pour the chocolate-milk mixture to this and blend well.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
I take two cups and pour the contents from one cup to another so as to cool and get the ingredients mix well and to form a layer of froth above.
- You can add fine ground fresh cinnamon/nutmeg for aromatic flavor.
- You can substitute half milk with fresh cream for creamer coffee.
- In a microwave safe bowl add milk and microwave for 30-40 sec. Then add grated chocolate and
microwave for another 20-30 sec. Whisk and pour in the contents to coffee mug and stir in instant coffee powder and sugar.
This coffee is going to participate in ‘Only’ event where the theme of the month is ‘Microwave Cooking‘ event by Pari of Foodelicious.