As markets are flooding with fresh seasonal produce, strawberries take the lead. Gorgeously blushing red beauts with green crown catches your attention in every grocery/food store. Fresh and organic strawberries are easily available these days in every super market. These blushing beauties can be relished in many different ways apart from eating them RAW. One recipe which is most common at my home during summers is ‘Strawberry Smoothie’.
I feel there is something magical about smoothies, they can be made in jiffy and can be relished at any part of the day….you can even make zillion wonderful concoctions in smothies……the best part is you can serve smoothie at a hot noon party or even you can drink it in the morning as a part of your breakfast on a hot summery morning…smoothie will be relished by kids too…A chilled smoothie with fresh berries along with yogurt makes an ideal combo to refresh your senses this summer….
- 10 Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 200 gms. Yogurt, whisked
- ¼ lit. Milk, chilled
- 3 heaped tbsp. Muesli (Strawberry flavoured)
- Add Strawberry slices, whisked yogurt, milk and honey to the blender jar and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Stain and serve with heaped spoons of strawberry flavoured muesli.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
- I used Nestle's a+ dahi in making this smoothie. You can even use strawberry flavoured yogurt to enhance the taste of the smoothie.
- In this smoothie I used Bagry's Strawberry Fruit n Fibre Museli. If you don't have these at home, try tossing in some oats or oatmeal or even you can add chopped almonds or almond flakes or chopped walnuts or sliced strawberries.
This smoothie is going to get linked with Srav's Culinary Concepts # 9 - Spring Seasonal Food, Summer Spririts @ Tomato Blues and also linking this to Let's Cook #14 Chilled Delights at Tickling Palates.