A refreshing and flavoursome drink is a must to beat the heat during summers. As markets are flooding with so many refreshing drinks, I prefer some instant and homemade drinks to keep me hydrated and refreshing. In this process I stock up some homemade juices which can be served in instant or which can make you refresh anytime of the day. You won’t believe if I say, I have never tasted pineapple before my marriage. I always found it to be an complicated fruit…..I don’t know why?…but after marriage when my husband bought it for the first time, I said I don’t even know how to even peel this off…then he said it is very simple and showed me how to do it. Then he even made a simple juice from it and insisted me to have a sip…I loved it in my first sip…and from then to now…I am hooked to pineapple juice. I use it in making lots of mocktail’s, cakes and spritzer. I love the medley of flavours in drinks…Here is a simple and yet refreshing recipe of an yum pineapple spritzer flavoured with orange and mint. Get refreshed…
- 3 cups Pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 cup Orange juice, chilled
- 2 cups Sparkling water/Carbonated water
- Ice cubes
- 1-2 fresh Mint leaves
- In a pitcher/large jug add pineapple juice and orange juice. Mix well.
- Add ice to the serving glasses and pour the above mixture to the 2/3 of the glasses. Now add sparkling water and serve immediately with fresh mint leaves.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
- I used fresh homemade pineapple juice in making this spritzer. You can take one pineapple, scrape off the hard skin and cut it into chunks and blend into puree. You can even add sugar and water. Double strain and refrigerate in bottles.
- I made fresh Orange juice also to make this spritzer. Cut orange into halves and extract juice by using a citrus juice squeezer. Strain in a glass combine water and sugar. Mix well. Store in a refrigerate bottle in fridge.
- You can even use store bought juice to make this spritzer. For sparkling water I used Kingfisher Soda. You can even use sprite or 7up or Mountain Dew.
- You can even add a pinch of crystallized ginger to the pineapple and orange mixture. Leave the mixture for sometime nearly 1-2 hours and then strain out. Pour into the glasses with ice and serve by sparkling water and fresh mint.
- You can even add fresh lemonade or papaya puree to the mixture in place of orange juice. Play with flavours and discover your own pineapple spritzer.
- You can even cut the pineapple pieces into triangles or in star shape and skewer them and drop them into the glasses to enhance the flavour and look.
- Garnish with cocktail umbrella or orange slices.