These days all the time I got to sit bit my computer is at night. By the time I complete my work on post it will be mid night and sometimes I feel dam hungry. Sometimes I fix up my hungry tummy pangs with a chocolate or biscuit or very rarely with fruits…but sometimes when I am in good mood or having little more patience to make anything then microwave muffins are my choice. They can be made in jiffy with no fuss and mess. Sometimes I feel like having a muffin with a warm cup of coffee in the evening…then I call for these beauties…What if, if some close friends are coming late in the evening after dinner, these can muffins are what I bake for them….as they are instant and yum…For all those mid night hungers, instant snacking or unexpected bunch of friends at an uneven time….my answer is these marvellous looking 2 minute microwave muffins. INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup All purpose flour/Maida
- ¼ tbsp. Baking powder
- Pinch of Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 50 gms. Butter, room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 4 tbsp. Dark Chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and icing sugar for 2-3 times.
- Beat eggs, vanilla essence and add butter. Mix gently.
- Now slowly, pour in the sifted flour mixture to the beaten eggs and mix slowly. Add water and mix.
- Scoop the muffin liners with the above mixture till ¼ of its size and sprinkle dark chocolate chips.
- Place these filled liners on the microwave turntable and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
- Once done take out and leave them to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- I used silicone muffin moulds. There are easy to unmould the muffins.
- I bought those silicone muffin moulds and chocolate chips at MK Retail, Indira Nagar in Bangalore.
- If you won’t have paper cases or muffin liners then you can grease the muffin mould with butter and dust with flour. Then scoop the batter.
- Sifting the flour 2-3 times helps in combing the mixture well and avoids lumps.
- Microwave timing can differ depending on models. Mine is 20 lit. capacity IFB Microwave with 1200 W.
- To check whether the muffins are done or not, insert a toothpick at the center. If it comes out clean then muffins are ready.