Above two quotes suites as best as they could be……more or less life is same during weekdays and on weekends…..with my cute little one demanding time and squeezing energy…..weekends are same like weekdays…..cook, eat and sleep whenever possible….Cooking is the first thing attacked when you are off the track….most of the times it’s very simple menu like dal, chawal, papad or any fry or else roti and sabi…..don’t ask me of breakfast… L …it’s always bread with honey/maggi (all time saver)…..it’s not my laziness that’s keeping me away from kitchen…it’s only my sleepless nights….that make me dizzy all through the day…I know you are gonna say it’s all for a short period of time……I too know it….so is why enjoying it…..by keeping elaborated menu’s at side….
Coming to today’s recipe…..it’s simple, its yum and its indulging…..perfect to kick start and boost your energy…….along with pampering your taste buds. A dollop of ghee in white steamed rice mixed with amaranth leaves stir fry with a pinch of red chili pickle (Andhra style) and lots of boondi is completely gratifying…..
- 2 cups of Amaranth leaves *
- 1 medium sized Onion, sliced finely
- 1 Green chili, slit length wise and deseeded
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- Crush garlic and red chili powder and set aside.
- Add oil to heavy bottom cooking vessel and to this add chopped amaranth leaves, onion, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well. Cook on slow flame till the leaves are soft and completely cooked.
- Now add crushed garlic and red chili mixture and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes or till the raw smell of garlic disappears.
- Serve with white steamed rice, pickle and papad.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
*Note: Discard thick stems and chop tender ones along with leaves.
Simple things in life are always wonderful….so is this recipe….and hence is a bite loaded with rice, ghee, fry and pickle…..missing you mom…wish you were here or i was there to get that heavenly touch of you in every morsel…..so this morsel is for all the people who are right now missing there home food and mom’s touch…..the above picture is going to participate in Treat To Eyes: Series 2 event, by Rumana of Spice Ur Senses.