Like always today’s recipe is also simple and flavourful….very easy to make and yum to indulge…..Soft potatoes cooked in red creamy tomato gravy with aromatic Indian tadka gives an delectable recipe which go with hot piping roti’s….perfect to cherish the boring dull weather….
Tomato Potato Curry
- 2 big ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 4-5 medium size Potatoes
- 11/2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Green chillies, slit lengthwise and deseeded
- fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin/Jeera
- 1 tbsp Chana dal
- 2 dry Red chillies
- 12-15 fresh Curry leaves
- Peel, cut and boil potatoes and set aside.
- To oil add one by one, the ingredients mentioned under ‘tempering/tadka’. When the curry leaves start to change the color add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add boiled potato pieces and mix gently till all the pieces are evenly coated. Add half a cup of water to get all the ingredients mixed up well.
- Cook on a low flame till you get the desired consistency. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti’s, paratha’s, bread or rice.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.