It’s been 4 long months since I made any new post….time has run so fast these days….In my last post I mentioned about hot climate and uneven power cuts…Hmm seasons change now it is rainy and cloudy all the time….no light and dull boring weather makes me slow…..in cooking and clicking…..Hmm now coming to the fact….as it is long since I made a new post…I feel it completely new to type…crop and edit pictures or even I forgot how to shoot and morph the pictures…what font I was using and blah….blah…blah…..But I promise, I will gain the momentum soon and lure you with my recipes and pictures.
Like always today’s recipe is also simple and flavourful….very easy to make and yum to indulge…..Soft potatoes cooked in red creamy tomato gravy with aromatic Indian tadka gives an delectable recipe which go with hot piping roti’s….perfect to cherish the boring dull weather….
UPDATE: This recipe is going to participate in Healing Foods - Tomatoes hosted by PJ of Seduce Your Tastebuds, event by Siri of Siri's Corner.
- 2 big ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 4-5 medium size Potatoes
- 11/2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Green chillies, slit lengthwise and deseeded
- fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin/Jeera
- 1 tbsp Chana dal
- 2 dry Red chillies
- 12-15 fresh Curry leaves
- Peel, cut and boil potatoes and set aside.
- To oil add one by one, the ingredients mentioned under 'tempering/tadka'. When the curry leaves start to change the color add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add boiled potato pieces and mix gently till all the pieces are evenly coated. Add half a cup of water to get all the ingredients mixed up well.
- Cook on a low flame till you get the desired consistency. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti's, paratha's, bread or rice.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.