My previous post on fond childhood memories made me nostalgic and I was desperately missing my young cute lil sis….Oh how blissful were those days when me and my small sis use to wrap ourselves in a warm blanket and enjoy reading stories from story books. It’s always fun to grow up with very young lil siblings. Sometimes my mom use to tell us stories which she heard over the years from her mother. One such story which I love telling till today to my young lil cousins is about Seasons. Seasons come and seasons go is a beautifully narrated story…..where you get to know importance and facts about each season in an enjoying manner….you can read the story here and enjoy telling your small cute loved ones…
Coming to today’s recipe, it’s again combo…this time a combo of fresh veggie and mild dal. Masoor dal is know for it’s quick cooking, where as turai for it’s slow cooking….and a combo of these two will be perfect to relish…..isn’t it? This turai aur masoor ki dal is going to participate in MLLA-17 hosted by Sra of When My Soup Came Alive, event by Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook.
- 1 kg Turai, peeled and cut into pieces
- ½ cup Masoor dal, washed
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies, slight lengthwise and deseeded
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- ¼ tbsp Tumeric powder
- 1-2 spring fresh Coriander leaves
- In a heavy bottom cooking pan or kadai add oil and when it gets heated up add onions and fry till truculent.
- When the onions are translucent, add turai pieces, masoor dal, red chilli powder, tumeric powder and green chillies.
- Using a spoon slightly mix up the ingredients and cook on a low flame by covering with a lid.
- Cook till all the water evaporates. If dal is not cooked then add little water.
- Add salt and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve with hot piping roti’s.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.