- 2 cups rice, cooked and cooled
- 3-4 tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2-3 tbsp Penauts
- In a bowl mix rice, salt*, lemon juice and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and when it gets heated up add one by one ingredient’s mentioned under tempering. When curry leaves start to change color add peanuts and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder and stir for 1 min (or till turmeric smell disappears).
- Turn the flame low and add lemon juice mixed rice. Gently stir till all the ingredients mix together. Cook covered for another 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve with your choice of papads.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
*NOTE: If you are using salt while cooking rice then adjust in making lemon rice. Rice should be cooked as each grain should be soft and seperate. This lemon rice can also be made with leftover rice.