- 3 cups shredded Cabbage
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup green Peas
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 Green chilli, slit length-wise and deseeded
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 dry Red chilli
- 10-12 fresh Curry leaves
- Wash and pressure cook cabbage, peas and carrots till soft *. Drain the excess water and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel add oil and to this add one by one of the ingredients listed under 'tempering'.
- When curry leaves change color, add sliced onions and fry till they are translucent. Now add green chilli, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes and add the pressure cooked cabbage, peas and carrot pieces. Mix well and cook for another 3-6 minutes on a low flame covering with a lid.
- Cabbage curry is ready to be served with piping hot roti's.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
*NOTE: If you don't want to use pressure cooker then simply add tempering to oil. When the tempering gets heated up add onion and green chilli. When onions turn translucent add the chopped/shredded cabbage, green peas and carrots. Mix well and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook covered on a low flame till cabbage is soft and tender. Serve hot with roti.
Find the updated recipe list, well ordered and sorted down with pictured labels by clicking on the Recipe List in the menubar below the heading of Yummy Food or else click here to get redirected to the recipe list page.