When I say comfort food......I mean a hot bowl of steamed white rice with a drop of ghee along with dal and a spicy fry. As there are many variations in dal so in fries. According to me a simple potato fry and mango dal is deadly combination. I love the flavour of raw mango in dal and that too when that dal flavours the hot white rice with ghee and to add more simple potato chips....hmmm makes a drool worthy combo....Hmmm is it mouth watering......? Potato is a versatile vegetable.....a simple fry to spicy khorma are the much liked delicacies in almost every Indian family. Potato chips are crunchiest, spiciest and yummiest chips loved my many across the globe. This is my version of potato chips which goes hand in hand with Indian recipes. I love potato chips when fresh and lil hot. I never like to store them. I will fry them whenever Iam in a mood to indulge or when Iam bit bored by the routine potato fry.INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Potatoes, peeled, washed, sliced and soaked in enough water
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Using a sieve, drain the water from the sliced potatoes. Using a kitchen towel/kitchen tissue, wipe the pieces to dry.
- For deep frying, heat oil in a kadai or heavy bottom cooking vessel with turmeric powder.
- Once the oil is ready for frying drop in required amount of sliced potato pieces and fry till crisp and nice golden in color.
- Take out on a kitchen tissue/towel and sprinkle red chilli powder and salt.
- Serve hot with hot bowl of rice and dal or else you can either have it as a snack.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
Above potato chips are going to participate in BSI - Potatoes currently hosted by ChezWhat? and also to WYF - Fried Snack by Simple Indian Food. The below picture is going to participate in Show Me Your Breakfast! by Divya of Dilse.....
Clicking on the recipe name's takes to you to the particular recipe page.