- 1 cup rice, wash and soak for 15 min
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Black peppercorns
- 1 dry Red chilli
- 6-9 Curry leaves
- 12 Cashews
- Cook and cool rice by spreading on a plate.
- Add oil to a heavy bottom cooking vessel. To this add jeera, mustard, black peppercorns, red chilli, curry leaves and cashews. Fry till the mustard seeds start to splutter.
- Now add fresh grated coconut and fry till light brown in color (or till raw smell of coconut disappears).
- To this add cooked and cooled rice and mix well by adjusting the salt. Cook for 2-3 min on a low flame by covering with a lid.
- Serve hot by garnishing with cashews.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
An Afternoon To Remember:
Now coming to sunshinemom with experiments, emotions and experiences along with simple and yummy recipes and with some kitchen flavours…… Can you get it? it is not a riddle…..think? Some days back sunshinemom of TongueTicklers was here on a pretty small summer trip with her kids and she graciously left a mail for a meet. As Curry Leaf of Experiments, emotions and experiences with food is also very close to my area and as you all know Valarmathi of simple and yummy recipes and me are staying in the same apt. we four thought of a quick afternoon meet.
First to reach the place is Sunshinemom and by the time we reached there she had a little peek in the grocery store near by and bought vegan strawberry milkshake…..need I say anything more about the dear vegan sunshinemom…….then to reach the place was curry leaf. I was about to cross the road to reach the place, I can see both the pretty ladies (sunshinemom and curry leaf) already talking to each other. Hmm conversation started over by ordering a refreshing mausambi juice. Now you all know what the food bloggers will talk……food, food and glorious food……may be the major part of the conversation was on food……but we talked on so many other things too…..It was like never ending conversation……..we paused it to continue till we meet again…….I really love to meet and get know them in person. The charming personalities and adorable nature of Sunshinemom, Curry Leaf and Valarmathi left an memorable afternoon to cherish…..which will always stay fresh in my mind…..As a part of blogger meet culture, Curry Leaf bought yummylicious Chocolate Almond Brittle, Sunshimemom bought pretty wooden spoon and wooden fork (which you can see in the today’s pics) Valarmathi took beautiful glass bowls and I bought Coffee mugs to the ladies. It was all fun at the end of the day…….with a promise to meet again…..may be with some new faces to join…….