To my surprise he prepared this juicy, pleasant-tasting and red-hot combo of tomatoes and cucumber. It was for the very first time he was cooking for me and that too something new which I never tasted before. Ooooooo I was very happy and excited to indulge into it. From that day till today this curry is one of my special favourites. Ok let me stop here and you people scroll down to have a look at the recipe.
- 1/2 kg Kakdi, peeled, washed, de-seeded and cut into pieces
- 1/4 kg Tomato, washed, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 Onion, peeled, washed and sliced
- 1/2 tbsp.Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 Green chillis, washed, de-seeded and cut length-wise
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 springs fresh Coriander leaves
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel or kadai add oil, kakdi pieces, tomato pieces, sliced onions, ginger-garlic paste, green chillis, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Stir on medium flame till all the ingredients mix together completely say for about 5 minutes.
- Add half cup of water and reduce the flame.
- Cook covered until kakdi pieces get soft and all the water released in the curry gets absorbed. Stir in between.
- Add coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed white rice.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.