French Beans are rich with protein, fat, calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, zinc, vitamins A, B, D and starch. French beans also contain much iron, which aid blood cells production. Vitamin B present in them benefits the Qi (vital energy), the spleen and kidneys. French beans are filled with healthy dietary fibers that help in the prevention of cholesterol. These fibers are also beneficial for diabetic people as they help in preventing the sugar levels from rising up immediately after having a meal. French beans also help in improving the immune system of the body as they are a rich source of Vitamin C. The presence of copper in French beans, in turn, helps in the proper synthesis of hemoglobin. They also contribute in preventing fatal diseases like colon cancer. With many more health benefits these french beans always make their entry in my pantry. Here comes a simple recipe to prepare this nutritious beans….
French Beans Fry
- 1/2 kg French Beans, stringed and chop into small pieces
- 1 medium sized Onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
- 1 dry Red chilli
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- Pressure cook french beans by adding turmeric powder and salt until they are soft.
- Now in a kadai or heavy bottom cooking vessel add oil, to this add the ingredients listed under “tempering“.(one by one)
- When curry leaves start to change color add sliced onions and saute till they are translucent.
- Now add pressure cooked french beans, to this add red chilli powder and few drops of water. Stir well.
- Cook on a low flame by covering for few minutes till all the flavours get infused with each other.
- Serve hot with piping hot roti’s.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.