Vegetable Fried Rice is not only a unique idea of mixing up all the leftover veggies but also turning them down into something tasty and yummy. For me it is one pot meal. Easy to make and yummy to taste is the bottom line of this recipe. It takes very less time to prepare when all the ingredients are easily available at home. Most of the times this simple recipe comes as a resuce on sudden get-togthers. I often make this on Sunday’s when Iam not in a mood to stand long and long in kitchen. Simple vegetables when mixed with garam masala, rice and ginger-garlic paste gives an appetizing and flavourful taste. Make it taste more rich by serving with Aloo Khorma and Dahi Ki Chutney. So what are you waiting for come indulge with me 🙂
- 2 cups Rice
- 1/4 cup Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 1/4 cup French Beans, trimed and diced
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 long Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 Green chillies, deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 10-12 fresh Mint leaves
- 2-3 springs Coriander leaves
- 10-12 Cashew nuts
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or Oil for cooking
- Wash and soak rice.
- Add oil to a heavy bottom cooking vessel and add chopped onions, cloves, cinnamon stick, cardamoms and half of the mint leaves.
- Saute for a while and add green chilli, diced carrots, potatoes, peas and french beans. Stir well.
- Cover and cook till the raw smell of the vegetables disappears.
- Now add cashew nuts and saute for a while.
- Now add water (depends on the quantity of rice you use) to the above mixture and add salt, coriander leaves and ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook covered till the water starts to boil. Now add soaked rice and cook till rice gets completely cooked.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves before serving.
- Serve hot with Aloo Khorma and Dahi Ki Chutney.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.