- 1/2 kg Prawns, deshell, devein and wash *
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbps Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tbsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2-3 fresh Cilantro or coriander leaves
- Add onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies to prawns and leave it for an hour in deep freezer to marinate.
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadai add the marinated prawns and cook by covering with a lid.
- Cook till all the water gets absorbed by the prawns. Now it’s time to add oil for frying the prawns.
- Fry till the prawns are soft, tender, juicy and completly cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and lemon wedges before serving.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
* NOTE : Scrub the prawns with sea salt to get cleaned easily and also to avoid smell. If are using sea salt or common salt in scrubbing then adjust the quantity of salt in the recipe. Buy medium raw prawns that are shiny and firm, smaller prawns taste sweeter with a finer texture than king prawns.