- 2 cups Cooked rice *
- 1/2 cup Tamarind pulp
- 5-6 tbsp. Peanuts, roasted
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin/Jeera seeds
- 1 tbsp Channa dal
- 2 dry Red chillis
- 2-3 Green chillis, deseeded and slit length-wise
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 6-9 Curry leaves
- Add oil to a cooking vessel and when the oil gets heated up add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillis, green chillis, curry leaves and fry till the tempering starts to change color.
- Now add tamarind pulp, salt and turmeric powder. Cook till the raw smell of tamarind disappears.
- Now add cooked rice and roasted peanuts. Stir till all the ingredients gets mixed up.
- Cook on a low flame for few (5-6) minutes covering with a lid.
- Allow it to cool down for 2-3 hours to get flavours absorbed by the rice.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
*NOTE: When you are cooking rice to make pulihora, then cook such that every grain should be separate (should not be sticky) and spread the rice to cool at room temperature. Adjust the salt accordingly.