Karivepaaku Kaaram Podi
- ½ cup Urad dal/Minapa pappu/Split black gram
- ½ cup Chana dal/Sanaga pappu/Bengal gram
- 2 cups Curry leaves, picked, washed and dried
- 9 dry Red chillies
- 1 tbsp Cumin/Jeera
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- Small piece of Tamarind
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chana dal and urad dal and fry them on medium heat till they turn lightly red in color and set aside. Leave it cool.
- In the same pan add the cumin and coriander seeds and toss them on medium heat till they turn lightly brown and set aside. Leave it cool.
- In the same pan add the dry chillis and toss them till they change color and set aside. Leave it cool.
- Now add oil and add the curry leaves and toss them until till they are crisp. Leave it cool.
- When all the ingredients get cooled grind them coarsely by adding salt and tamarind.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
NOTE: Remember to cool the ingredients to room temperature before grinding. Store in a air tight container for longer shelf life.