My mom always make half kilo of this fragrant Ginger-Garlic Paste, every month and store half of it in fridge until use. The rest half is stored in glass air tight container to retain aroma and freshness. Ginger is peeled, washed, cut into 1’inch pieces and then sun dried or dried under fan for 2-3 hours before grinding. Garlic cloves are peeled, washed and patted dry before grinding.
- 1 cup Ginger root, peeled, washed and cut into 1’inch pieces
- 1 cup Garlic cloves, peeled and washed
- Grind ginger pieces to fine paste and then add garlic cloves.
- When the paste gets soft enough add salt and pulse for 1 minute.
- Take out in an clean and dry airtight container and store in the fridge for future use.
- Apply coconut oil to your hands if you feel burning sensation after peeling and cutting the ginger roots. Adding salt increases the shelf life of Ginger-Garlic paste. This paste can be stored for 1 month.
- Use plastic or glass bottle to store this paste. Always remember to use clean and dry bottle to store the paste.