Kheema/Keema or minced (finely chopped) meat can be made with any meat you prefer like chicken, mutton, etc., Mutton kheema is used in making many recipes like shami kebab, kofta curry, etc., Kheema gives awesome flavour when cooked in combo with potatoes and many vegetables of such. Here is a simple recipe with kheema fry (dry version) recipe which goes perfect with any dal.
- 1/2 kg Kheema/Minced Lamb Meat
- 1 big Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1/4 tbsp. Coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2-3 springs fresh Coriander leaves, chopped
- Clean and wash the minced meat thoroughly. Drain off the excess water and add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chopped green chilli and salt. Mix well. Cover and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- In a thick bottom pan or kadai, add the above marinated minced meat and cook covered on low flame until all the water released by minced meat is absorbed.
- Now add oil and fry till the minced meat gets completely cooked and gets crisp. Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice and dal of your choice.
- Add your ‘love’ to make this Kheema Fry taste ‘YUMMY’.