Kheema or minced meat (meat chopped very finely) can be made with any meat you prefer. Kheema is usually referred to minced mutton or lamb meat. There are many recipes prepared using Khemma. Kheema gives awesome flavour when cooked in combo with potatoes and many vegetables of such. Here is a simple recipe with kheema.
- 1/2 kg Kheema/Minced Lamb Meat
- 1 big Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbps Pepper powder
- 1/4 tbsp Tumeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2-3 springs fresh Coriander and Mint leaves
- Clean and wash the minced meat thoroughly. Drain off the excess water and add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chopped green chilli, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Add half of coriander and mint leaves.
- Set aside for more than half an hour or you can place the mixture in deep freezer to marinate.
- Now in a deep frying pan or kadai, empty the marinate and let it cook on a low flame till all the water gets absorbed.
- Add oil and fry till the minced meat gets completely cooked and gets crisp.
- Now garnish with the remaining coriander and mint leaves.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.