This soup is going to participate in the event AFAM - Pumpkin hosted by Madhuram's Eggless Cooking. AFAM event started by Maheshwari of Beyond The Usual and also to No Croutons Required event hosted by Lisa's Kitchen.
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1kg Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded
- 600ml Vegetable stock
- 1 cup double Cream
- 1 tbsp Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Chop 3/4 pumpkin into chunks and 1/4 pumpkin into length wise and set aside.
- Now heat olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook the onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.
- Add the pumpkin chunks to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
- Pour the stock into the pan, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft.
- Pour the cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée in a blender.
- For an extra-velvety consistency you can now push the soup through a fine sieve into another pan. The soup can now be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Reheat the soup if needed, taste for seasoning, then serve scattered with remaining pumpkin pieces and dollop of fresh cream.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to the dish to make it 'YUMMY'.