- 1 1/2 cup fresh Methi (fenugreek) leaves, cleaned, washed and finely chopped
- 2-3 medium Aloo, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/4th tsp Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2-3 whole dry Red chilies
- Oil for cooking
- Heat oil and add crushed garlic and fry till brown. Add cumin seeds and dry red chilies.
- When cumin seeds are done and chilies turn brown add salt, turmeric, chili powder and chopped tomato. Sauté for a moment.
- Now add potatoes and mix well. Cook till potatoes are half done on a medium flame.
- Add methi and cook on a medium flame till done or till water is fully absorbed.
- Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to the dish to make it ‘YUMMY’.
Yasmeen of Health Nut and Dershana of The FootLoose Chef served me the ‘Friendship Blend Award’. This award is a perfect blend of Trust, Kindness, Honesty, Caring. Thank u dear.With warm love i love to serve this award to Aapplemint, Spicy Khazana, Indian Hut, Asan Khana, Faery’s Kitchen, Purva’s Daawat, Brindavan, My Kitchen and Ruchi.Brindavan and Creative Saga showered me with a token of appreciation to my friends award. I would like to thank my friends who continue to inspire and amaze me everyday. I learn something new from you guys everyday. I love to pass on this award to Ning, Annarasa, Three Mangoes, Indian Khana, Vegetable Platter and For The Love Of Food.
SPECIAL NOTE: Every spice has its own history, flavour, aroma and use. To know what the spice’s included in this recipe can do click here: Know Your Spice’s