Eggs and potatoes are always handy in my kitchen. When I am in hurry or cannot think of anything to cook….eggs and potatoes always come to my rescue. Many people think being a food blogger, I can fix up menu in no time. That’s true, but planning a menu is always a big thing to me. I love to try different recipes with eggs. This recipe Anday ka Khatta aka boiled egg curry is very easy to make with just few handy ingredients which are easily available in our pantry. Though I add boiled eggs to many khatta recipes like baigan ka khatta, mirchi ka khatta, tamatar ka khatta, etc, this anday ka khatta is my family favorite recipe. You can even call this as Bachelor’s Recipe as anyone can make it with ease. Hope you try this soon.
Anday ka Khatta
- 4 hard boiled Eggs, peeled
- 2 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp. roasted Coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Oil
- 3 large Onions, finely sliced
- 1 Green chili, cut into half
- 1 cup Tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 springs Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Make length wise one or two slits on the peeled hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- Add oil to a skillet/kadai and fry onions and green chili by adding red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt for 2-3 minutes. Now add 1/2 cup of water and cook covered until onions turn soft.
- Stir and add tamarind extract and 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring this to boil, adjust salt and add hard boiled eggs.
- Cook till the gravy thickens lightly and the tamarind smell disappears. Stir in roasted coriander powder. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.