This recipe is going to participate in Herb Mania - Fenugreek event hosted by Red Chillies. This event was started by Dee of Ammalu’s Kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh Methi (fenugreek) leaves, cleaned, washed and finely chopped
- 2-3 medium Aloo, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/4th tsp Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2-3 whole dry Red chilies
- Oil for cooking
- Heat oil and add crushed garlic and fry till brown. Add cumin seeds and dry red chilies.
- When cumin seeds are done and chilies turn brown add salt, turmeric, chili powder and chopped tomato. Sauté for a moment.
- Now add potatoes and mix well. Cook till potatoes are half done on a medium flame.
- Add methi and cook on a medium flame till done or till water is fully absorbed.
- Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to the dish to make it 'YUMMY'.
I would like to thank my friends who continue to inspire and amaze me everyday. I learn something new from you guys everyday. I love to pass on this award to Ning, Annarasa, Three Mangoes, Indian Khana, Vegetable Platter and For The Love Of Food.
SPECIAL NOTE: Every spice has its own history, flavour, aroma and use. To know what the spice's included in this recipe can do click here: Know Your Spice's