This is one of the basic Potato/Aloo recipe, which is very easy to cook and tempting to eat. In Aloo Gosht recipe can replace gosht (mutton) with Kheema (minced meat). I told you Aloo can go well with many of the veggies you can experiment a lot with it. I love this easy recipe which pairs up easily with roti or dal chawal.
Aloo Gosht Khorma
- 600 g Lamb meat on bone (mutton)
- 4 medium Potatoes, peeled and cut into big cubes
- 2 Onions, cut in lengths
- 1 tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. Curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1/4 tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Garam masala powder
- 3 Green Chillis, cut half
- 2 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
- Marinate mutton pieces with red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt. Cover and set aside for 1/2 hour or more if you have time.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and fry sliced onions until translucent. Add marinated mutton pieces along with green chilies and fry on medium heat till meat pieces start to change color.
- Cook for 6-8 whistles until the mutton pieces are cooked tender. Once the pressure settles add potato pieces.
- If needed add 1/2 or more cup of water and place it back on medium flame. Cook covered until potato pieces are soft.
- Now add curd and stir gently to mix. Cook for another 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle garam masala and minced coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Last but not least add your ‘love’ to the dish to make it ‘YUMMY’.