I usually pack these in Lil’M’s lunch box as these are her favourite…..I have already mentioned bread is something which she loves a lot and I look out for recipes which include bread. These days more healthy bread options are easily available in market….and I make it a point to pick up whole wheat bread or rye bread from store whenever possible…as a loaf in fridge is always handy when kiddo troubles me in deciding her lunch box or when I am in doubt what to pack in for her.
Sometimes I pack two sandwiches along with a fruit or handful of dry fruits in her lunch box and whenever I do so…..the box has come empty always and I am happy….so today’s recipe is one such recipe which I make on regular basis for my darling daughter.
So this will be my second and last recipe which I am contributing to Kids Lunch Box Recipes Book Event by Indusladies.
- 1 Chicken breast, cut into cubes
- ½ tbsp. Black pepper powder
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ cup sliced Onions
- 2 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
- ½ tbsp. chopped Ginger-Garlic
- ¼ tbsp. Garam Masala
- ¼ cup diced green Capsicum
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. melted Butter
- 4 whole Wheat bread slices
- Marinade chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, black pepper powder and salt for 15 minutes.
- In a sauce pan on a medium flame add oil and when it heats up add bay leaf. Fry sliced onions along with black peppercorns.
- When the onions start to turn translucent, add marinated chicken pieces. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add green diced capsicum.
- Add ¼ cup of water or chicken stock and cook till chicken pieces are soft. Now add minced coriander leaves and turn off the flame. Leave to cool. Remove bay leaf and shred the chicken pieces.
- Meanwhile mix in mayonnaise and tomato sauce. Set aside.
- Add cooked chicken pieces to the above made mayonnaise and tomato sauce. Mix well and gently spread across this mixture over top of a bread slices.
- Cover with another bread slice and brush butter on outside of the bread slices and grill till done.
- Serve hot or if you are packing them in lunch box or snack box or picnics, wrap them in foil.
- Add love to make these sandwiches taste ‘Yummy’.