Today is a day to remember….Today is the day when Lil’M has appeared for her first exam at school….On the way back after dropping her at school…I was thinking how fast the time has flown….It was just like yesterday she came into my arms…and now she is at school writing her first exam….A new phase of her life and mine too…which Lil’M is thoroughly enjoying and I am still wondering….
Lil’M carries her lunch box and thinking something new to make her complete her lunch box and get that star on her hand (teacher will draw a star on hand to a student who completely finishes his/her lunch box) is a tedious job. When a lunch box is packed with roti or bread then it is always empty as these are Lil’M’s favourite foods.
But thinking of something new with these two is not an easy task every time. So I keep on playing with ingredients to make something new and interesting for Lil’M’s lunch box. In this quest I made these sandwiches. Sweetcorn when stuffed in bread and grilled….Lil’M has it without any fuss….so my job is easy.
When Indusladies has mailed me to contribute to their Kids Lunch Box Recipes Book Event…I thought of these sandwiches…as these fit perfectly in the theme and my Lil’M loves these and a secret….these cheesy, crispy and yum sandwiches are my favourite too.
This is one such sandwich recipe which you can make in breakfast or lunch box and even in for snack box or for snack time……
- 4 Whole wheat bread slices
- 2 tbsp. melted Butter
- 3 tbsp. Sweetcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp. diced green Capsicum
- 1 tbsp. diced Tomato
- ½ tbsp. crushed Black pepper
- ¼ tbsp. Oregano
- 2 tbsp. grated Mozzarella
- In a bowl mix sweetcorn kernels, diced green capsicum, diced tomato, crushed black pepper, oregano and salt. Gently toss the mixture.
- Brush butter on one side of the two bread slices and on the non-buttered side spread the above made mixture evenly.
- Top with grated mozzarella and then top it with other two bread slices and brush with butter.
- Heat sandwich maker as per instructions given in the manual, using grill plates. Now place the sandwiches on the grill plates and grill for 4-5 minutes or till crisp and brown (as shown in the pic).
- Serve hot by cutting them diagonally with tomato sauce.
- Add love to make these sandwiches taste ‘Yummy’.
- Time to grill sandwich may vary depending on the brand and watts of sandwich maker.
- I used frozen sweetcorn kernels. So I just thawed them in microwave for 2 minutes before using. If you are using fresh ones then cook till soft.
- You can also use cheese cubes instead of mozzarella.